Monday, November 13, 2006

Oh yeah, I remember. . .

Talking with a friend today about our children's births and early babyhood, I was reminded of a couple of funny incidents about my labor. Don't worry, these aren't gross.

When I was in the process of delivering Zaya an old re-run of I Love Lucy was playing on the TV in the delivery room. It just happened to be the episode where Lucy has her baby, little Ricky. Of course, because of the era, it was totally and completely unrealistic. I would imagine a show today would have all the gory details, but she just suddenly had this baby. She looked about the same before and after, and the baby already looked a couple months old. Needless to say, I was quite disillusioned.

Aaron and I had a country station on the car radio as we were driving to Weatherford hospital for Mim's birth. They were playing the song Two of a Kind by Garth Brooks. I don't think I yelled, but I know I told Aaron in no uncertain terms to "turn that stupid radio off!"

Just some funny memories that cropped up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. That is so funny. Especially the I Love Lucy thing. I know, I know. They make is so unrealistic on television!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny what we remember sometimes? The song that was always playing when we were pregnant with our twins was Collin Raye's "One Girl, One Boy"... which is what we got!
Have a great day!
Tammy :) :) :)
whose "I'm not peeking through your window" word of verfication for the day is ccvmi