Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Double yuck

I could use a prayer today. Something I ate didn't agree with me, and without going into details I'll just say I had a bad night. Aaron and Zay had a bad night too, since Zay's got another cold and the beginning of his ubiquitious asthma, and Aaron had to take care of it solo. My mother-in-law has my little cyclones this morning, but I'll be getting them back for naptime and the rest of the day. I think I'm fine now, but you know how it is when you've been sick. It just takes a while to get back to normal. Thank the Lord for family and a loving husband.

p.s. If you're reading and following the Saving Dinner books by Leanne Ely, never, I repeat, never, fix the Moroccan Fish Tangine. And if someone else talks about fixing it, beg and plead that they restrain themselves. My advice would've been the same even if I hadn't had direct cause to regret my culinary actions. That was just the nastiest thing I've ever eaten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not big on several of her recipes. Some of her so called RAVES are just wrong. There was one I did with apples and chicken, with raisins.

I like Rachel Rays 30 minute meals (I check the videos out at the library and them print the recipes off the food network site). She doesn't give me the shopping lists, but the one's I've tried have been much better or easy to modify to my liking or to make cheaper.

Her magazine has a weeks worth of menus witha shopping list though.

I hope you feel better and I'm praying for your crew.

Anonymous said...

Lo siento mucho. :-( A little huggy boo for you all. And I'll pray for you too.

SunnyBrook said...

Hope this works...for some reason my comments haven't been posting on your blog.

Your symptoms are typical of a food-allergic reaction. Fish? Soy? Nuts? Food allergies can also cause allergy/asthma symptoms.

Case in point...we traveled out of town this week to a dr. appt. The hubby and I shared a steak dinner. The steak came served over some yummy fried onion strings and they smelled so good that we cheated on our diets and ate them. Within an hour, the hubby had almost lost his voice and after a couple of hours, he began having intestinal distress that continued several hours. He decided he isn't going to cheat again. It will be hard to pinpoint just what ingredient was the big bad one, because the strings were battered in something (probably containing wheat and/or egg) and then fried in oil (corn? peanut? coconut?)I am going to call the restaurant and see if I can narrow it down.

He probably wouldn't have eaeten them at all, but we had just returned from the hospital, where we found out that they STILL have no idea when he will have his next GI/Allergist appointment, and that it will likely be next year. Needless to say, he was a bit bummed about that.