Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Rice-a-rama


So. . .I've read in books and heard people say that if you want to keep your kids entertained while you're cooking or baking in the kitchen, you give them some extra measuring cups and bowls and a bag of rice or beans. That way they get to pretend to cook and it's not messy. I've always assumed it was my fear and laziness that kept me from trying this little trick. It turns out it was my intelligence. Two toddlers + a bag of brown rice + a small kitchen = chaos. This shall henceforth be known in our little home as The Great Rice Fiasco of '07. Zaya, who usually says, "Cheese!" when he sees a camera, this time said, "Cheese. . and rice!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...such little angels. They would never make a mess. Those little underfoot crunches must be in your imagination.

Hen Jen said...

at least you could vacuum it up, right?

I've had success with small pom-poms and chop sticks, tweezers, spoons and muffin tins/cups to sort them into. Less messy.

really sweet pictures tho, you will be happy you have this shot later!

blessings,
Jenny in Ca

TheNormalMiddle said...

You brave, brave woman. :)

At least it is easy to sweep up?

It's all about making memories and I bet this was a good one!