Monday, January 29, 2007

Grammar Queen

Every Sunday we all go eat at my husband's grandmother's house. She fixes an insane amount of food, and all the cousins, aunts and uncles stuff themselves and visit. It's like Thanksgiving every Sunday. Yesterday, Zaya and my husband wandered over to the dessert table, which happens to be in the kitchen next to the "adult" table. (Those of us at the "kids" table are all in college or married or working full-time) My husband asked Zaya if he wanted some pudding. (Homemade, of course. How does she do it?) Zaya said, "That's my favorite pudding I ever saw!" I didn't hear that part. As soon as I walked into the room, though, they said he looked at me and then said, "That's my favorite pudding I ever seen!" I can't say I've actually tried to drill any grammar into the poor toddler, but I suppose it's just leaking out. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Bear in mind, Mom, that he calls pretty much whatever he's eating his "favorite."

5 comments:

Susan said...

What a GREAT story!! You have a beautiful family here. And what a blessing to get to do the Sunday at Grandma's lunch. This was a tradition when I was small. I had 13 cousins and several aunts and uncles who would all meet at Grandma's for Sunday food and fellowship. A sweet sweet memory.

I've been surfing via the CWO blogring tonight. I hope to come back by for a visit soon.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

Andrew McAllister said...

Yes! More grammar! More, more, more. Keep it up. My least favorite is, "I seen it yesterday..."

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

bluemountainmama said...

cute! if my son uses bad grammar i don't correct...i just repeat it back in question form using the right form. example: if he said "i seen my friend", i would say, "oh, you saw you friend?"

and i wish i had my family around to do big sunday afternoon dinners....i've always envied people who do.

Carina said...

That's how we do grammar too. I don't correct him. He's not even two. =)

Anonymous said...

Three you mean.