Tuesday, April 24, 2007


Mim has her first date coming up this Friday. Eddie, who already has a girlfriend in the city, asked her to go to the Student Council Banquet with him. She doesn't really seem to be too nervous, and is even letting her mother pick out her dress. How many times does that happen? I'm going to have to treasure this moment. In fact, our biggest concern for the evening is that she won't want to go in with Eddie, but will prefer to stay back and hold Mommy's hand instead. Too bad I can't make that last another 16 years.

Eddie had his mom make a little corsage for Mim and I, and a boutonniere for Zaya to match his own. He's even been asking her which tie she likes. Of course Mim is enjoying all the extra attention.

This is a lot of effort for what amounts to a joke. I guess we'll see how it goes. Zaya and I will go together too, so we'll all sit at the same table. I'd rather not actually stay long enough to eat, but Eddie want us to stay for the meal, so we'll see how it goes. This is his high-school boy logic. "Hey, it's a free meal!"

I don't think Mim's going to be up to attending the after-party back at the school. Her bedtime is a nice, respectable 8:30. That's another thing I'm guessing won't last until high school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's an after party this year? Good grief! Eddie's sister told me about this last week...I think they should win cutest couple. :P

Melissa said...

How adorable is that?!?!?!?! Don't ya wish we could keep them this age forever? I dread those high school years! But, Punky is only 18 months old........so I have awhile yet!

JAM said...

Aww. That's great!

Hope she doesn't chicken out.