Monday, March 12, 2007


Mim has decided that it's her job to keep this house in line. I hoped to avoid the bossy-missy by having my daughter second, instead of first, like I was. So far, I'm leaning toward a genetic explanation for bossiness. I suppose part of the problem is that she just ran Grandma ragged over the weekend while Mommy and Daddy were with brother in the city. We came back to Her Royal Highness just in time, I think. Poor Grandma was so tired. My kids have two wonderful Grandmas, and we are thrilled to live so close to them, but they must occasionally wish we would come to visit and then leave for a week or two. (They deny this, but surely the idea crops up sometimes.)

Anyway, my little angel is running around saying (yelling) things like:

"No, No! Mimmy's Neigh!" (rocking horse)

"Aya! (Zaya) 'Mon! (C'mon)"

"Outside! Outside!"

And when she doesn't get her way, she throws herself to the ground in total disappointment and frustration. Yes, we are disciplining her, but it's slow going. She's derived great joy from emptying out any bag/wallet/box she can find, so at least it's giving me incentive to unpack and settle back in quickly.

Of course, we've had lots of time for Mimmy hugs, too, which involve Mim tucking both arms completely under her body as she leans against your shoulder. Who wouldn't want to come home to a hug like that, even if her crown scratches your face a little as she wiggles and laughs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she is cute and her hair is adorable in that pic!