Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Take a Deep Breath

Mim and Zaya caught their first fall cold. Of course, this falls right at the time we go back home to visit family, which means snuggling with babies and great-grandparents and others who might be immune-compromised. My sincerest apologies to anyone that hugged my children and received Rhinovirus in return.

It also happens to coincide with our having run out of Singulair. This is one of the medicines Zaya takes every night so that his asthma doesn't flair up when he gets a cold. We ran out of Singulair because we've used all the refills, and I didn't realize that until I called the pharmacy the day he took his last pill. So yeah, it's mostly my fault.

 I called his doctor to get a re-fill, and he happened to be on vacation all last week. So I called again today, now that we're home from our trip, and it turns out our doctor isn't in on Tuesdays. Of course he isn't. It was ridiculous, really, for me to think he would be.

So Zaya has started his wheezing. We pull out the inhaler, and dig the nasty-tasting liquid steroids out of the cabinet, and I thank God, once again, that he gave the one with allergies and asthma the most laid-back, take-it-as-it-comes personality on the planet.


1 comment:

aftergrace said...

This time of year is always tough on kiddos with allergies. Poor sweet Zaya-hope he feels better soon!