Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Another Book Report


I recently finished another great book that I thought I'd share. This one was recommended by my mother, and I in turn recommend it to anyone who is interested in apologetics. (The intellectual defense of the Christian faith)

The book is called Letters from a Skeptic. It is a series of letters from a father (Edward Boyd) to his son (Dr. Gregory Boyd) a theologian. Mr. E. Boyd was a 70-yr-old skeptic when his son convinced him to have a conversation of letters with him, where he could raise all his questions and Dr. G. Boyd would answer them, one by one.

It really does a great job explaining what we believe, and why it makes sense to believe it. It takes a bit of thinking, so this isn't something you'll want to read while you're in a crowded room, but it's worth the effort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Sounds interesting.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/

JAM said...

This sounds good.

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell have been two of my favorites most of my life.