Friday, April 30, 2010

Dreams Caste-ing

Today was International Day for Zaya's Kindergarten class.



He was dressed as a man from India, and said "namaste" to people for a couple hours straight this morning. His good buddy, Thomas, was from Japan.



He wore his little outfit from karate class, thereby introducing the idea to my son that such a thing as "karate class" even exists. A momentous day which may live in infamy.

Then on the way home from school today and in the middle of an otherwise normal conversation, Zaya says, "Hedgehogs are born with soft quills, lucky for Mama! The quills start to harden an hour after birth."

Word for word, I promise. And no, he did not have a book in front of him. Apparently I gave birth to an encyclopedia about six years ago.

And then Mim pipes up with, "Mommy, am I dreaming?"

Um...no. But Mommy might be.


This picture was from Mim's last night at Cubbies, our Wednesday night church program for the 3 and 4 yr. olds.

2 comments:

Lilibeth said...

I love all the special dress up days and I'm glad they are learning to love them too. I'd say Mim really went to town on the Cubbies badges. Did she get every possible one?

SandyCarlson said...

Way fun!