Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nervy


The other day I showed my children that you can eat the outside layer of a baby carrot and find a little core that runs through the center. Since that conversation, every time Mim eats her "crunchy carrots" she shaves away the outside like a very precise bunny and shows me the center.

Zaya, who isn't particularly fond of crunchy carrots, (He only likes "squishy carrots") decided that it looked like so much fun he had to try one. So he asked his father this evening,

"Dad, do you eat the outside first, and then the spinal cord?"

Daddy explained the problem with his terminology and then gave Zaya his carrot. He's currently in the bathtub eating it while holding his nose.

At least he's eating it. I'm not going to complain, however gruesome the thought of munching on a carrot's spinal cord may be.

5 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

OH the days! I'm glad to be done with the uber smart kid raising, lol. Drew was trying with all this brains, but thankfully the other kids are not so interested in acedemics so early. Not that they aren't just as smart, they just find other things more fun, like super heros.
The science brain wore me out, lol. But it is funny what they come up with.

Lilibeth said...

"Super heroes" would be much more tiring to me. Hang in there, Zaya. Don't change.

aftergrace said...

I'll never eat carrots the same way now...without thinking about their poor little spinal cords! :)

Johanna said...

LOL!! Zaya, you're so adorable. :)

Chandelle said...

I'm so glad to have caught up again on your blog entries. See mine, and note why I haven't had a chance lately. God bless you friend!