Friday, June 20, 2008

Coconut Cream Soup

Well, so I tried to make a coconut-cream pie using my Grandma P's recipe.

The pudding mix went well.



The crust was hideous, but tasted good. (It was too crumbly, Grandma, did it need more shortning? More water?)



The meringue even looked good.



The problem?

It was still pudding consistency inside. And I don't mean the thick stand-your-spoon-up kind of pudding. I mean the hold-up-the-bowl-and-drink kind.

It tasted fine, but I did something wrong with the filling. It was not like Grandma's pie.

Not that I expected it to turn our right, since I'm the one who made it, but still. I had these hopes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coconut cream pie is my favorite! Every time I go to a cafe and see that they have pie, I think, "OOH, pie. I'm definitely saving room for dessert." And then I never do. I should just order pie for dinner.

Qtpies7 said...

It wouldn't turn out for me, either. Not much of a baker. Cake is about all I can do, and that is a good thing since I don't like cake.

Lilibeth said...

How much milk did you put?

aftergrace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aftergrace said...

Try my recipe, it's easy and almost always fail proof.

Lilibeth said...

Your three egg yolks might have been too small or your cup measures a little big or not quite enough flour. Other than that, I don't know what it could have been. Blame the altitude.