Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday, Monday


I'm having a little trouble with motivation today. Maybe I'll blame it on Monday. Poor Monday gets all our troubles, doesn't he? It's not his fault he's the first day of the workweek. I imagine him standing in line with all the other days when a call for volunteers is made. Everyone else takes the famous "smart step to the rear" and slow little Monday remains standing alone.

He gulps and accepts his assignment, knowing he will receive no recognition for his work, except the kind that comes with censure.

It's not his fault that there are so many, many things I ought to be doing. The house always suffers through the weekend. There are too many places to be, and too little desire for cleaning. Everything gets piled into the living room or the kitchen table, and it takes Monday to get them cleaned and put away.

Sad, overworked Monday. Suffering for the hedonism of the lazy weekend.

6 comments:

aftergrace said...

I can see what you mean about Mondays. Everyone always mutters about hating "him". On the other hand, Mondays get the honor of being holidays- now, and then.

Crissybug said...

Monday's are hard. I always get out of my 'routine' over the weekend so it is hard to get back into it. I just want to stay in bed!

JAM said...

Every day when we leave for work, our dogs get all mopey and sad, so I give them a bite of cheese before I go.

I always give them two bites of cheese on Mondays because they've had us around them all weekend and look extra pathetic on Monday mornings.

Lilibeth said...

I like it. Not Monday. The writing. It's very picturesque.

Scribbit said...

Oops I clicked on the wrong comment section--I'd never heard mouse potato before but that's just darn descriptive! I heard "road booger" the other day and cracked up, apparently it's a piece of snow that has fallen from a car along the side of hte road.

Qtpies7 said...

Poor, poor Monday. Whatever, I still hate Monday. Except when it brings a holiday and I get another day to avoid housework.