Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Just Doesn't Get Any Better


It feels like Christmas today for a couple of reasons. One is that we're having a real cold snap. (The high yesterday was 31 degrees.) Aside from that, though, I just got the greatest box full of stuff from our friendly UPS man.

Actually, it was from C'auntie J. She made me a beautiful quilt for my bed, and I absolutely love it. I told her that I might have to break down and decorate my room now that I have a color scheme to go with. I don't think you can tell from the picture, but the fabrics she chose have a lot of character, and I think I might actually enjoy trying to match them and making my room look like more than just the storage shed for the rest of the family.

She also sent me a bunch of stickers and die-cuts for my scrapbooking attempts, proving that she knows me pretty well. My approach to decorating scrapbook pages is: 1. Put the pictures down. 2. Put stickers around them. Voila. I can just feel the future accomplishment as I hold the envelope.

Anyway, for someone whose primary Love Language is "Receiving Gifts", this has been a wonderful day. I feel very loved.

Thank you C'J! I love you, too!

6 comments:

Johanna said...

What a wonderful day! And what a beautiful quilt.

aftergrace said...

I'm glad you are having a great day! The quilt looks wonderful in it's new home.
love you lots, C'Auntie J

Anonymous said...

Is her hair getting lighter or is that just the camera?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me. I accidentally clicked "anonymous".

Qtpies7 said...

I think c'Auntie J needs a new neice. I'm up for the job!

JAM said...

Amazing gift. I love home made quilts.