Wednesday, December 22, 2010

We had our little family Christmas this morning. I wanted the kids to have one whole day to enjoy their gifts and the company of Mommy and Daddy. They were so excited this morning, and were both up taking a bath by 6:30. (Which was the earliest I let them get up. They weren't allowed to come get Mommy until 7, but I couldn't sleep either. I'm a kid at heart, I guess.)

I can't find my camera. I remember having it with me on Monday at the assisted living center where Betty lives, but I don't remember it after that, so I'm worried about its whereabouts. I hope someone stumbles across it very soon, because it is the wrong time of year to misplace your only good camera!

Luckily, Art was a sweetheart and bought me an ipod to replace the one Zaya dropped in the toilet last week. It has a camera, so I used that for our pictures this morning. They aren't great, but at least they exist!



Here's Zaya with his Penicillin. We're trying to build up the "good guys" section of his plush microbe collection since he's about to get a few more "bad guys" from Grandma Lilibeth.



Mim is playing with her DS. We got each kid one, and they were both ecstatic. This ended up being a fairly hefty Christmas bill, but the hope is that the next few years will be less in comparison. (We'll see how that goes.)

Art also bought me a lovely set of silver, Celtic rings. I'm so excited, and I'm trying to be very good and not lose them. So far it's been almost 12 hours. While that isn't a record, it's certainly an accomplishment for me.



Here's Art putting together Mim's fort. As per usual, she drug it out, and we had to put it together. Oh well. That's what being a parent is all about, I suppose. Well, you know, that and all the the training and loving stuff.

2 comments:

Lilibeth said...

I was really impressed by the writing they have done in their journals already...as far as the expense being heavier now...well, that's a little wishful.

aftergrace said...

Such a sweet family. We sure do miss you all!