Monday, September 15, 2008

Beach Babe

After listening to Mim crank and whine for a while, I told her she would not get to play with Play-Doh until she had spent 15 minutes playing quietly in her bedroom by herself.

After a bit of a tussle, she decided this would be a good idea, and this is what I found after about five minutes of suspicious silence.



It must have been the soothing ocean breezes, because chica was completely asleep on the sunny sands.

Which brings me to the question of naps. To nap, or not to nap...I could go on, but I won't. I think we've all heard enough from the Prince of Denmark. The point is...if I let Mim nap during the day, she doesn't want to go to sleep until late at night. If I don't, though, she's tired and cranky in the afternoons.

Any quick and easy solutions from you experienced moms out there?

3 comments:

aftergrace said...

How about a late morning nap?

SunnyBrook said...

Yep...late morning...or immediately after lunch (12-1)...and then make sure she does enough active things after that to wear herself out. If she rebells against "naps" make it quiet time where she has to lie still on her bed for 1 hour; she can read or hold stuffed animals, but has to lie still in quiet room. If she really needs the sleep, that should work; if not, the quiet time is a good habit anyway. If they get cranky, it's because they've gone TOO long before naptime--best to give naptime before they reach the cranky stage.

Qtpies7 said...

You can get her up earlier in the morning and make an earlier naptime, limit the naps to 1 hour, and make sure there is plenty of outdoor time in the afternoon, even in the winter.
I don't have much luck with this, though. My kids all were anti-nap, lol.