Friday, April 05, 2013

Sunshine and Chocolate

The beautiful spring weather has finally arrived! We've been waiting a long time for the sunshine and warmness, so Mim has decided she and Zaya should have a picnic. The compromise to get him to attend was that he could bring his book. A girl has to do what she can to get the men in her life to cooperate.

You'll notice that the picnic is fairly candy-centric. She used my picnic cloth weights to good effect, and added a cheese stick for each participant for health purposes.

You can also see that Zaya has put his toes to use as book holders while he unwraps a chocolate. He has his mommy's ability to continue reading no matter the surroundings or the other demands on your attention or brain-power.

The key, from my point of view, is that the kids are:

a) happy
b) quiet
c) getting along
d) outside

Everything else is just bonus. Now I can work on the house. (That's code for waste time on the internet and listen to podcasts.)

2 comments:

aftergrace said...

It does look like perfect picnic weather! I like the cheese stick idea and the toe book holders. I might have to try it myself!

Lilibeth said...

It looks perfect to me. We had a sunny day here too, but I didn't think of this. I DID crave chocolate though. Miss you guys.