I was tagged to do a 25 Things About Me thing on Facebook. I thought I'd put it here and kill two birds...so to speak. I can't actually figure out how to get it onto Facebook, so it might only be here. I don't know.
1. I love my new laptop, but it's a little more difficult for me to type on than the desktop.
2. I am extremely disorganized, but people keep putting me in charge of things. This causes stress and bad dreams about being asked to do things that I haven't the foggiest clue about. Really.
3. I love languages. I only speak two, but I would love the opportunity to learn more.
4. Almost all team sports bore me to tears. What is so exciting about watching a bunch of sweaty people running around with some kind of ball?
5. My novel is now a little more than 27 pages long. WooHoo!
6. Sarcasm tends to come naturally to me, despite my attempts to stifle it. I blame it on my genetics.
7. I married the best all-around man I have ever seen anywhere. Seriously. I find it hard to believe, sometimes, that I got him and it's not all just a dream.
8. I am looking forward to nice weather so I can get back on my unicycle. I'm going to have that thing figured out by the end of this summer.
9. I used to make fun of people that scrapbook, but once I had kids (and a jillion pictures of same) I started scrapbooking. (Hides head in shame.)
10. I have all these dreams and aspirations of things I want to know or do, but when it comes right down to it, I'm too lazy to learn/practice them.
11. My hands and feet are almost always cold. Whenever I shake hands in church, people tell me about it. (And so does my spouse when I use him as a foot warmer at night.)
12. I love to look through cookbooks (especially those with pictures) and pretend that I'm going to bake, but I secretly know better. (And so does my family)
13. It just kills me when I find out someone doesn't like me, but I tend to be a loud-mouthed know-it-all, which means quite a few people fit into the first category. This causes stress.
14. I play the drums, and I'm excited that we're getting a new set at church.
15. I would like to contribute to our family income, but the thought of going to work in some office just gives me the willies.
16. My spouse and I were dorm parents for three years at the boys dorm. It was a lot of fun, but I have to say it's nice to live in our own home now.
17. Next year Mim will be in Pre-K and Zaya will be in Kindergarten. Can we say, "Sweet Freedom"?
18. That being said, I'm still not entirely sure whether or not I should put them both in full or both in half day.
19. I love hot tea. I can't have caffeine (it causes vicious heartburn) so I buy a great variety of de-cafs and drink them year round.
20. I have no natural sense of style. None. My house and my person are both all but completely undecorated because I just don't know how.
21. Like every mother the world over, I find that my children give me both great joy and great frustration in almost the same instant. Frequently.
22. I'm obsessed with studying about WWII. Particularly the 6 or 7 years preceding it and the early years of the war itself. I cannot explain this.
23. I have a blog (at http://stilltakingbabysteps.blogspot.com) so I don't spend much time on Facebook.
24. I don't watch much TV, but when I do it's usually something like Jeopardy or Antiques Roadshow. I also like House, but only when I can watch a whole season at a time. I don't like cliff-hangers.
25. I read a lot. This often interferes with my motherly and wifely duties. Oops.