Thursday, January 08, 2009

I don't know how you working mothers (including my own) do it. The house is a disaster, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Art asked me what he could do to help me this week, and I told him he could try not to care what the house looked like for the week. He said he thought he could manage. I've got a few overflowing baskets of laundry, but those will just have to wait for...well, not Saturday, maybe next week sometime. At least we all have underwear and blue jeans clean.

Actually, I gripe but I'm having a lot of fun teaching this week. I only have two classes each day, but they've been very good and I like all the students. I don't know if we're accompishing as much as their teacher wanted us to accomplish, but we're in there trying anyway.

My kids have been staying with their Grandma T every afternoon from noon to 3. They've had a blast, and I hope Grandma is not too tired. We've only got one day to go, so I think we'll survive.

They found this hat in Grandma C's classroom today after school, so I had to get some pictures. I wore this sometimes in high school when I walked over from the dorm in the rain. Crazy times. Zaya appears to have the elastic band a little crooked. I like the goofy expression, though.


5 comments:

aftergrace said...

Too cute! I know this week has been a challenge to keep everything organized...but just think of the adventure you have had teaching. I'll bet the kids have had a great time too. All will be as it was next week, right?

Qtpies7 said...

Too cute!

Lilibeth said...

If you will remember, we went through a few years of the house being a disaster too. Ah well. The Umbrella hats cheer up everything.

Unknown said...

Love the hat!

I don't know how working moms do it either. I'm exhausted every day. I can't imagine working all day and still having any energy for my family, let alone doing household tasks!

Hope you're having fun teaching, though!

Scribbit said...

I bet you're great at the teaching though--and love that umbrella :)