Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bark Bark



This picture has been hanging on my refrigerator for over a year I think. Mim painted it on the first water coloring adventure we ever had. Nothing like this has come from her brush since then, but I just never had the nerve to throw this one away like all the others.

Doesn't it look like a dog? Maybe a cross between a poodle and a husky? I don't know if it'll show up in the picture or not, but it really does look canine. Really. It turns out she's not a prodigy after all since the rest of her paintings have looked something like this.



I feel like one of those families who sees St. Peter in a jar of peanut butter or something. Was it a sign? Should we buy a dog? Some hideous experimental cross-breed?

5 comments:

aftergrace said...

You could wait until you see a terrier in a tortilla! hee hee
(then you could sell the tortilla on e-bay)

I like the paintings, and I agree with you, they look dog like.

Anonymous said...

...I know where you could find a friendly dog to borrow any time!

Lilibeth said...

The first one is a dog...a leaping dog that's getting ready to go "yip yip yip lick lick". Now do you think you should get one?

The second one is a French man standing in a ditch scooping a bundle of garbage out where the truck can come along and pick it up. I like his blue hat.

Qtpies7 said...

I see two ways of seeing a dog in the first pic.

And the second pic looked like glasses to me, but I agree, it could be a French man. Or a fairy with funky hair sitting with her knees drawn up hiding in a rocky area.

LA Nickers said...

How sweet. It's like a youthful Rorshach Test. After all, "from the mouths of babes" . . .

;-)

Blessings,
Linda

DRY ICE, at NICKERS AND INK