Sunday, March 31, 2013

Reading is Fun-Time

This is the pile of books that collected in our main living areas throughout the past week. Obviously, I have not done a fantastic job of teaching my children to put things away. They will be sorting and shelving these tomorrow; they just don't know it yet.

In a way, though, it makes me a little bit happy to know that my kids are readers. Granted, there are a lot more comic books in that pile than I would like, but there are also science books, history books, and stories of all types and levels. Some days I feel more successful than others in our homeschool journey, but if I haven't accomplished anything else in the last year-and-a-half, I have at least provided the kids with plenty of time for reading, and plenty of books.

Maybe they'll be more suited to be Jeopardy contestants than functioning members of a professional society, but hey, it worked for Ken Jennings.

1 comment:

aftergrace said...

At least you are raising your kids to love books. So many kids now have never even read one on their own. You rock!