Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Still Here

This is just to let you know that we're all still here. I haven't blogged in a while, and there's no one reason for it. Life is a little hectic right now, and so much of what I want to say belongs in a more private setting, I suppose.

The price of fame.

Okay, fame is a strong word.

What about...the price of putting your journal on the web and giving all your friends and family access.

Suffice it to say, everything is fine, but I'm stressed, and when I'm stressed, I have no creative abilities.

Art's job will officially end on April 1. The plant is closing, and over one hundred employees from W'ville and the surrounding communities will be jobless. That means job hunting, which isn't something we're very experience with.

If anyone knows of a good position for an aerospace/mechanical engineer who has been doing process engineering for the last seven years, let me know.

3 comments:

Lilibeth said...

It's awful that the plant is closing, but I feel confident that Art will find a job.I'm just praying that it isn't too far from here.

Cyndi said...

You probably don't want to move, but Dayton, Ohio has the Air Force Base plus many aeronautical programs around the base. Specially you might look into Ball Aerotech - they actually have locations all over the country.

Btw, there's some cool people who live in Dayton so it wouldn't be that bad. ;)

aftergrace said...

You all are in our prayers. i know you don't want to move. You have the most amazing community and family ever!
(But just in case...Sandia Labs is hiring.)