Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Crackle, Crackle


We're getting excited about firing up the wood stove for the first time. We haven't yet, of course, but nights are getting very, very cold. Well, ok, sort of cold. Coldish. Cool, if you will.

You have to understand that our house stays at about 80 degrees throughout the summer. It might be 77 or 78 in the early morning, and 82 in the afternoon. So waking up to 67 in the morning, feels downright chilly.

I'm sure I'll be tired of hauling wood around from the backyard within a few weeks, but for now, I'm looking forward to having a warm place to stand and try to coax circulation back into my fingers.

Mim, on the other hand, still sleeps with her fan on, and last night she opened her window so she could have "a little cool air". I know she's my child, but sometimes I wonder...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You can send Mim over to my house this winter when she wants a little cool air. It's plenty cool over here! The OTHER Teesons don't turn on the heat until after Thanksgiving :)

Johanna said...

Remember? You use to sleep on a water bed with NO heat and only the sheet covering it. It would chill me to the bones. I don't know how you did it.

Chandelle said...

...as for me - I love it! Our thermostat usually stays at 67 in the winter. I will bump it up for your visits though. That balances out the A/C 75 in the summer, right? Mim could come live with us and fit right in.

Lilibeth said...

Cold? It's cold? Well ok, for a couple of nights I did bump the thermostat high enough to keep the air conditioner from kicking on, but we're not ready for heat yet.