Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sun Spots


I would just like to say to the internet world at large that, although I love summertime and I love Oklahoma, today is just too hot.

The highs this week are all 100+ and it feels like every last bit of energy, sanity and human feeling is being sucked out of your head when you're outside for more than five minutes. Yes, I have been known to exaggerate, but not today. I don't have the physical or mental energy to exaggerate today. Seriously, I barely have the wherewithal to type on this keyboard.

I took the kids swimming in a nearby town, which would've been fine except that the sun decided to poor all its wrath out on the kiddie pool. I promise you; people from a distance could probably see it like a lethal laser beam isolated on that one patch of concrete. Even the sno-cone didn't revive me today.

Oh, and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. Unless I am suffering from a total loss of all sense because of the last three days of swimming, I plan to keep myself and my children in the house all day.

Not that they appear to be suffering. Zaya is running around the house being a brittle star/salp/shark/squid/krill/Vampiroteuthis (don't ask) depending on which five minute period you talk to him. Mim is bringing me containers from my refrigerator and asking me "What's in this, Mama?" On second thought, maybe the sun has affected them too.

No, that's just normal.

3 comments:

Crissybug said...

You would probably die here in AZ. I am not a big fan of the heat, but I would take it any day over the snow!

aftergrace said...

I feel for you, I was watching the Weather Channel last night, and they were talking about the high pressure system sitting right over where you live. It made me cringe just to think about it. Hope it passes soon. Stay cool. :)

Lilibeth said...

I mowed the yard this morning between 7 and 9 and I should have started at 5:30. It was just draining.